Saturday, February 20, 2010

Bob Marley & The Wailers - "Exodus" Island 50th Anniversary Remaster

Bob Marley & The Wailers - "Exodus"
Island 50 Remaster
Original Release - 1977

"Exodus" by Bob Marley & The Wailers is one of my all time favorite albums, and my favorite of the reggae genre. Originally released in 1977, and recorded in London, "Exodus" was hailed with critical acclaim and was also a commercial success for Bob Marley. It was listed as the most important album of the 20th century by Time magazine, and in Rolling Stone was listed as number 169 of the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time.

This album contains such Marley standards as "Jammin", "Three Little Birds", "Exodus", and "Waiting In Vain". Its a album that represents the essence of reggae, flush with the rhythms and textures of the Caribbean. All of these elements are displayed beautifully on this vinyl remaster, the deep bass is evident, and the shiny brass and staccato guitar rhythms fill the room.

I was a bit apprehensive to buy this re-issue, because I had been hoping to run across a MFSL pressing, but I'm glad I broke down and bought it. If nothing else, this will provide a great play copy until I run across the Holy Grail.


Album - A

Vinyl - B

No comments:

Post a Comment