Monday, April 12, 2010

Flicks with Tunes

If you know me, you know I'm a huge film buff, which makes my stint in Salt Lake City all the more enjoyable each January when the Sundance Film Festival rolls around. That being said, I'd like to take the opportunity to honor some of my favorite movies based on/about/or involving killer tunes.

This, along with most things on this blog, is an in-perfect science, as I tend to forget some pretty obvious entries from time to time. If I leave something outlandish out, feel free to set me straight with a comment.

Here we go...

Blues Brothers (1980) - Best car chase of all time, and a killer soundtrack to boot.

High Fidelity (2000) - John Cusack in his best role to date. Its hard to beat Jack Black in a Yanni t-shirt. For me its the scenes at the shop that steal the show, but its hard to beat meltdowns that only Mr. Cusack can seem to muster.

Walk The Line (2005) - Johnny Cash. Nuff said.

The Last Waltz (1978) - Best concert documentary ever. Period.

Gimmie Shelter (1970) - Just another thing to thank Marty for.

No Direction Home (2005) - Did we thank Marty yet? Oh we did? Well, thanks again. "Positively 4th St." is my ALL TIME FAVORITE DYLAN SONG... incase you are ever on a game-show.

Dazed & Confused (1993) - L-i-v-i-n. This is in Stark The Vinyl Shark's ALL TIME TOP 5 MOVIE LIST.

This Is Spinal Tap (1984) - Best Mockumentary ever. In fact, I think it created the sub-genre. Turn it up to 11.

Almost Famous (2000) - I loved seeing Cameron Crowes' story set to motion in this film. What fun it was to take the journey of a lifetime with him, while he was still in high school. Everyone has an Almost Famous moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment