Monday, May 24, 2010

Charting The Beatles



I happen to think this chart is astonishing. I came across it in another music blog and thought I would share it with my faithful readers. This chart breaks down the activities of The Beatles from 1963 - 1966. Three years. THREE YEARS PEOPLE!

I know there has been a lot of Beatles backlash over the years. It seems that just as many people decide not to like them because of their prevalence, as those who discover and start a life long love affair with The Fab Four around age 13 or 14. This chart really shows that The Beatles are truly a band for the ages, undeniable talent and output that may never be surpassed.

There is a lot of interesting information on this chart. I would love to see it expanded through 1969. In 1963 they are really touring almost the entire year, with bits of recording throughout. This evolution of recording timeframe would carry them through the end of the Beatles, with almost no touring at the end, choosing to stay in the studio for long stretches of time, producing the masterpieces of a lifetime.

The entries into the second half of the Beatles catalogue ("Sgt. Pepper", "Let It Be", "Abby Road", "The Beatles") I would stand up next to the greatest works of art in the history of the human race. Not only the greats of classical music, but of artists as a whole. Not only was this a great period for music, it was a generation that proved: All you need is love.

Paul, I'll see you July 13th.

No comments:

Post a Comment