Monday, June 14, 2010

A Band You Don't Know But You Should...

If you are from Minnesota you know the Gear Daddies, plain & simple, they are a local institution. For years in the 90's the Gear Daddies played second fiddle to more influential alt-country acts like The Jayhawks, and Uncle Tupelo. The Gear Daddies have a cult following, that will sell out reunion gigs at The Fine Line or O'Gara's in minutes (I know, because I have tried to get tickets). "Billy's Live Bait" is my favorite Gear Daddies album. A catchier and more accessible album than the also popular "Lets Go Scare Al". I have to say this would be a desert island disc/record for me, full of classics like "Stupid Boy", "Time Heals", "Gonna Change", and of course the hidden track "Zamboni Song". A St. Paul summer staple that brings back the memories of summers and winters of old. Bring it to the lake or the ice rink, and let the good times roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment