Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Beatles - "Magical Mystery Tour" MFSL Remaster

The Beatles - "Magical Mystery Tour" Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab Remaster
MFSL 1-047
Original Release - 1967
MFSL Release - 1980

My Beatles vinyl collection is definitely lacking at this point, only three titles, but this Mobile Fidelity Pressing of "Magical Mystery Tour" is a great addition to the growing list of titles. Now there are a lot of stories floating around about these Mofi remasters, basically your guess is as good as mine. I know that technically, all or part of the Mofi remasters are bootleg recordings. And on this album, I know that the last two tracks "Baby You're A Rich Man", and "All You Need Is Love" are not true stereo recordings... but who cares, this album is sweet.

This album features two of my favorite Bealtes songs: "Penny Lane" and "Strawberry Fields Forever". The Japanese pressed vinyl is pretty light, but the sound quality is excellent. I would expect nothing less from the folks at Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab. The vinyl is housed in a heavy duty gatefold, and the copy I bought included all the original inserts and brochure information, I thought that was pretty fun to look at.


Album - A

Vinyl - A

No comments:

Post a Comment